Ethics & Legal Ramifications by R. Shaffer Claridge Former Senior Attorney (2021 Spring Ethics & Integrity Series)
Time & Location
About the Event
4/30/21 Ethics & Legal Ramifications by R. Shaffer Claridge Former Senior Attorney for the Florida Department of Health
This presentation will provide an overview of the legal obligations facing Washington Marriage and Family Therapists. An in-depth look at the Washington Uniform Disciplinary Act, an overview of the typical administrative disciplinary process, a discussion of common-law malpractice elements, and an examination of the controversial duty to warn cases. The presentation will also include tips to safeguard your practice against legal intervention, and dedicated time for questions and answers.
- Understand the Washington administrative disciplinary process for MFTs;
- Identify contemporary ethical and legal issues facing MFTs;
- Identify the elements and factors that commonly lead to therapeutic malpractice in Washington State;
- Understand the heightened duty to warn that exists in Washington; and
- Apply the Washington Uniform Disciplinary Act to hypothetical scenarios
* Registration confirmation and event reminders will come from email@example.com. If you do not receive your confirmation within 15 minutes of registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
- 2 Law & Ethics CEs$70$700$0