Workshop - Bellingham: "Family History & the Immigration Story in Therapy." June 7, Bellingham Technical College. 6 CEUs. Using clinical case histories and new data, explore multiculturalism from the immigrant perspective over time and through the generations. Featuring Harriet Cannon, MC, LMFT, LMHC; and Rhoda Berlin, MS, LMFT Click here to register, or click here to learn more.Member Resources: Visit For Members to learn about licensure information and forms, building an MFT practice, free legal consultation, member directory, member survey results, and more.
Welcome to the
Washington Association for
Marriage and Family Therapy
Our Mission: We network, educate, and advocate for the enrichment of our members, the advancement of our profession, and the health of our communities.
Looking for a therapist? The AAMFT Therapist Locator Service can help you shop for a licensed marriage and family therapist in your area. Click here to find a therapist today.
Become a member: Join your colleagues and become an AAMFT/WAMFT member. Go to www.aamft.org and click on "Become a Member" to join your professional association.
Student and Associate Members: Looking for information regarding licensure, supervision and building your practice? Visit our For Members page.
- Train with the World’s Best in Couple’s Therapy: WAMFT is proud to co-sponsor The Johnson-Gottman Summit on July 12-13 at the Meany Theater at the University of Washington in Seattle. For the first time, the world’s leaders in evidence-based Couples Therapy join together in dialogue to offer a prestigious and powerful clinical training. This groundbreaking training offers therapists an opportunity to increase their competence by overcoming therapeutic barriers as well as getting an inside look at Gottman Method Couples Therapy (GMCT) and Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy (EFCT). Click here to find out more.
- Preparing for the AMFTRB Exam: If you are preparing to take the licensure exam, consider utilizing Family Solutions Institute. Known across the MFT field as the leading and most comprehensive MFT National Exam study program, FSI offers you the ability to study at home, on the internet or at one of our nationally recognized workshops. All materials are written to the current 2013 AMFTRB test criteria.To find out more, visit www.mftlicense.com.
- Online License Renewal: LMFTs and LMFTAs can now renew your license online. Click here for details.
- New CPT Codes will take effect on Jan. 1, 2013. Click here to download a pdf document. And look for information soon about ordering a new codebook from AAMFT.
- Change in AMFTRB Exam Policy: Beginning Jan. 1, 2013, LMFTAs will be able to schedule and complete your AMFTRB licensing exam at any time after becoming an LMFTA. Click here for details.
- LMFT access to HEAL-WA database: LMFTs have access to the online UW health sciences library. HEAL-WA contains updated databases include PsycInfo, PsycArticles, Social Work Abstracts, and the Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection. The database offers the latest information on domestic violence, substance abuse, and multicultural tools that include bilingual patient hand-outs and slide shows. As an LMFT, you have unlimited access to all content. Sign up at heal-wa.org.
- CEUs for LMFT-Associates: Associate-level practitioners LMFTAs will be required to have 36 hours of continuing education when they apply for full LMFT licensure. Click here to download a letter to our Associate Members outlining this directive from the Attorney General.
- Privilege for LMFTs: A bill providing Privilege for LMFTs was signed into law by the Governor. Click here to learn more ...
Our Vision: We are a vibrant professional community and a leader in promoting healthy relationships and wellbeing for all individuals, couples, and families.
Documents published by WAMFT on the World Wide Web may not be copied other than for non-commercial individual reference with all copyright or other proprietary notices retained, and thereafter may not be recopied, reproduced or otherwise redistributed. At certain places on www.wamft.org “links” to other Internet addresses can be accessed. WAMFT provides these links for the convenience of the user, and does not endorse, approve, certify, or makes warranties or representations as to the accuracy of the information on these sites. WAMFT will use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on www.wamft.org, but WAMFT makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. All users agree that all access and use of www.wamft.org and the content thereof is at their own risk. Neither WAMFT nor any party involved in creating, producing or delivering www.wamft.org shall be liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of access to, use of, or inability to use www.wamft.org, or any errors or omissions in the content thereof.
The Washington Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (WAMFT) is a division of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT), the professional organization representing over 24,000 qualified marriage and family therapists in the United States, Canada, and abroad. WAMFT represents the interests of its more than 1,000 members, as well as the profession of Marriage and Family Therapy within the state of Washington. The profession is licensed in the state to specialize in marital and family issues.
Washington Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
P.O. Box 2276
Bellingham, Washington 98227
Phone: Toll-free 1-888-553-1228
Members: To log in, use your AAMFT username and password.
A cup of joe with new friends: Meet your colleagues, share practice ideas, and learn about resources at networking events throughout the state. Click here to find out more ...
Reach our Members
Reach 1,000 MFTs state-wide. Advertise in our newsletter or this website, or rent a mailing list. Click here for information.
Visit our advertisers
Gender Odyssey Professional Two-Day Seminar: GO Pro. Seattle WA. July 31-Aug. 1, 2013. The GO Pro seminar is for professionals and students seeking to advance their understanding and knowledge of Transgender identities across the lifespan. Day 1 has an Adult Focus; Day 2 is focused on issues related to transgender children and teens. Held at the Washington State Convention Center in Seattle. Up to 18 CEUs (approved by WAMFT) and Clock Hours available. Check website below for more CEU information and Fees: 1/day or 2/day rates, student rate and reduced rates for those with financial need. 1-855-4 GENDER (1-855-443-6337). email@example.com. www.genderdiversity.org/gopro/.
Office space in Tukwila. Excellent, professional office space, full or part- time. Great parking, close to freeways. Big quiet waiting room and offices. Wi-fi, fax, kitchenette, group or play therapy room. Available immediately. Must be filled by June. Affordable with special assistance for new practitioners. Wmeleney2@earthlink.net or 206-903-9506.
Office space available in Bonney Lake: practice located in beautiful house, furnished therapy room, natural light, waiting room, reception area, private clinician office, 2 bathrooms, ADA compliant. Great street visibility, close to Highway 410. $400/mo 3 days/week, $700/mo 7 days. Rent includes utilities, internet, phone, marketing. Please contact Suzanne.firstname.lastname@example.org. www.balancedlivingtherapycenter.com
Sex Addiction Conference, Hotel Grand Pacific, Victoria, BC, June 21 & 22, 2013. Dr. Norman Doidge (by interactive media), Rob Weiss, Cara Tripodi, Harville Hendrix and Dr. Gabor Maté will present on the treatment of sex addicts, their partners and affected couples. Visit www.recoverypath.ca for the brochure and to register.
Clinical Counselor: Position is located at the Navy’s FFSC in Whidbey Island, WA to provide assessments & referral, short-term, solution-focused, individual, couples, and group counseling for eligible clients. Must be licensed as a LCSW, LMFT or LCP & have 2 years of recent clinical experience. Apply online at www.zeiders.com. EOE.
The Emily Program seeks Part-Time Licensed Therapist in Seattle. M–Th, 3pm-8pm. Direct client service, individual, group, family, and marital psychotherapy. Collaborative, multi-disciplinary setting teamed with clinicians providing treatment to clients recovering from eating disorders. Must hold a current WA license: LP ( PhD, PsyD or MA), LPCC, LMFT or LICSW, have individual & family psychotherapy experience. To apply, submit cover letter and resume as one PDF to online application page at http://emilyprogram.com/about-us/employment. Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
The Emily Program seeks Licensed Therapist in Seattle. somewhat flexible with willingness to work until 8:00 pm at least 3 days per week. Start date: June 1st. Direct client service, individual, group, family, and marital psychotherapy. Collaborative, multi-disciplinary setting teamed with clinicians providing treatment to clients recovering from eating disorders. Must hold a current WA license: LP ( PhD, PsyD or MA), LPCC, LMFT or LICSW, have individual & family psychotherapy experience. To apply, submit cover letter and resume as one PDF to online application page at http://emilyprogram.com/about-us/employment. Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Sublease in north Seattle: 135-sq-ft; nicely furnished; good light; quiet; shared kitchenette, 2 restrooms, 255-sq-ft lobby; $130/month for 1 weekday, 6 days available. email@example.com, 206-214-7650.